We have many frequently asked questions, just give us a call at 719-683-7512 and we would be happy to answer them!
TipsProperly constructed private water well systems require little homeowner maintenance. These simple steps will help protect your system and investment.
If you experience a problem, or just have some questions, call us: 719-683-7512
- Always use licensed contractors when a well is constructed, a pump is installed or the system is serviced.
- Annual well maintenance, including a bacterial test is recommended. Any source of drinking water should be checked anytime there is a change in taste, odor or appearance, or anytime the system is serviced.
- Keep hazardous chemicals, such as paint, fertilizer, pesticides and petroleum products far away from your well.
- Periodically check the well cover, seal or cap on top of the well casing to ensure it is in good repair.
- Always maintain proper separation between your well and buildings, waste systems chemical storage facilities, and parking areas.
- Prevent back-flow. When mixing pesticides, fertilizers or other chemicals, refrain from putting the hose inside the tank or container.
- When landscaping, keep the top of your well at least one foot above ground. Slope the ground away from your well for proper drainage.
- Take care in working or mowing around your well. A damaged casing could compromise the sanitary protection of your well. AVOID DUMPING SNOW, LEAVES, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AROUND YOUR WELL.
- Keep your well records in an easy to find, safe place. Your documentation should include the construction report, permit, and water well system maintenance / water testing results.
- Be aware of changes in your well, the area around your well, or the water it provides.
Serving the Pikes Peak region since 1983
email: Click Here
Licensed and Bonded:Colorado Division Of Water Resources License Numbers 1122, 1306 & 1475